Ref; Could use a spot of help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
Alright, I'm up in Neenah, the Fox Valley, and I finally found out my local costco has pork belly. I'm also not sure I can -justify- the 60 dollar a year membership fee for just one item. Does any one in my area have a costco membership so I could just tag along and pick up a slab of pork belly?

I have one if you want to make the trip cross country.

Chris:)

If you find someone that you can go in with, pick up some 10 or 20 dollar gift cards, then you can go in and use just that.

You can buy at Costco as a non member. You will just pay a little higher price.
Really? I was told that you need a darn membership to walk in the door!
If you have a local butcher shop nearby call and ask them about buy pork belly. A local shop to me butchers hogs on Monday or Tuesday (I forget which day) and they are ready for pickup the next day. Anymore fresh and they'd still be oinking.

The only down side is this butcher shop skins the hogs so if you want skin on pork bellies or jowls you have to go else ware.
Oh I've done that..they charge -8- dollars on sale when they carry it..and 12 not on sale or so. <I wanted to cure my own bacon to at least pay as much as a store price..not twice or thrice the price!>

I have one if you want to make the trip cross country.

Chris:)
If I had a deep freezer to fill I'd be tempted ;)

Alright, I'm up in Neenah, the Fox Valley, and I finally found out my local costco has pork belly. I'm also not sure I can -justify- the 60 dollar a year membership fee for just one item. Does any one in my area have a costco membership so I could just tag along and pick up a slab of pork belly?

From what I know, you don't need a membership at Costco for prescriptions, hearing tests/aids, and vision exams/glasses. In some states, by law, you you don't need a membership to buy booze. Beyond that, as I understand it, a membership is required to buy anything else at the store but there are a couple workarounds,

1. If you know a member they can buy a gift/cash card for you and you simply reimburse them. The minimum amount of the card if purchased in the store is $10, and if purchased online, it's $25. If your purchase price exceeds the minimum you pay the difference with cash or a credit/debit card.
2. If Instacart or Google Express operates in your area you can purchase online through them. With Instacart, the delivery charge is $5.99, but the first delivery is free. With Google Express, delivery is free for all orders over $35. I'm not sure what it is under $35.

Un -Ref;
I would join a shopping club only if it were for an organization or business.. Or to buy multiple items not available anywhere else.

If it's meat I but and save $5-$15 like four times a year I wouldn't bother

Un -Ref;
I would join a shopping club only if it were for an organization or business.. Or to buy multiple items not available anywhere else.

If it's meat I but and save $5-$15 like four times a year I wouldn't bother
That is largely how I am viewing it. It's just it's the only place that has it at an affordable price to make my own bacon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky