Ref; Buckboard on Apple and Cherry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Some day I will replicate that pepper bark some bacon gets. I'm wondering if they basically roll the slabs in pepper a few times and then smoke it.
Hey Tom, just now seeing this thread...anywho, yes, coat the slab with something sticky like maple, molasses, or thick brown sugar syrup then roll the slab in coarse cracked BP....that'll get you that bark you are looking for.

Oh- and be sure to form a pellicle in the refer for a day or so....that glues the BP to the slab.

Hey Tom, just now seeing this thread...anywho, yes, coat the slab with something sticky like maple, molasses, or thick brown sugar syrup then roll the slab in coarse cracked BP....that'll get you that bark you are looking for.

Oh- and be sure to form a pellicle in the refer for a day or so....that glues the BP to the slab.

I always do a heavy coating with the shaker..might need to try this too. Molasses and black pepper bacon sure sounds like a winner to me.

Looks good. Sometimes I pepper mine even heavier than that with course ground. Never have had a complaint on the pepper ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky