Red's 24x46 Reverse Flow Patio Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fantastic work so far, Red! Looking forward to seeing the completed project.

Thanks Doug!

Man that's looking good. You've made a ton of progress so far.

Thank you Joe!

I'm anxious to get on with it...but probably won't venture out to the shop today. Gonna be cold here all day - we got a snow storm overnight...and my shop's not insulated. My little space heater doesn't cut the mustard out there when its very cold!

Red

Reactions: Newglide
Gonna be a heck of a cooker. If I was a tad bit closer I'd bring the cold drinks and help out with the heavy lifting. My dad taught me at a early age to hold a flashlight pretty well.

Jim

Reactions: seenred
Looking good my friend, can't wait to see that thing in action.

Dave

Thanks Dave!

Gonna be a heck of a cooker. If I was a tad bit closer I'd bring the cold drinks and help out with the heavy lifting. My dad taught me at a early age to hold a flashlight pretty well.

Jim

Ha! Thanks Jim! Yeah I was my dad's gopher too from an early age.

Red

very impressive work you can do!! going to be an awesome cooker and will definitely be following along with your project!

Good morning, SMF friends!

It's been a while since I updated my progress on this build, but it's coming along slowly. Here's what I've gotten done since the last update:

I got the FB all welded out. I wanted to do a test fit to see how it lined up with the CC...making sure it was gonna be square, level, and plum. Seems to fit up pretty good.

img51.jpg

img52.jpg

Before starting the welding of the CC and FB together, I wanted to finish a couple of other things first. One was welding out the end plate to the CC. Next was fabricating the smoke collector, getting the smoke collector opening plasma cut into the end plate, and then welding it out.

I also finished welding out the baffle plate and the grease drain pipe.

img53.jpg

img54.jpg

img55.jpg

That's where I'm at now. Last couple of days, it's been too cold for me to want to work in the shop, but it's supposed to be nice tomorrow. I hope to get more accomplished then.

Next step is tackling the FB. Before I weld the CC and FB together, I'm planning to hang the FB door and weld the hinges on...then I should be ready to tack em together!

More to come!

Red

Looking good!
Have to say... your avatar cracks me up! Thar man is definitely funny!

Ryan

Thar man?
For some odd reason my " smart phone " auto corrects that to thar... if I don't catch it. Then again sometimes I fat finger it! Lol
Hey... you're a moderator... could you edit that for me ? :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Looking good!
Have to say... your avatar cracks me up! Thar man is definitely funny!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan!

LOL I’ve used that avatar for years…it still makes me laugh! Dangerfield was hilarious, and Caddyshack is still one of my all time favorite comedies!

Red

Reactions: Brokenhandle
For some odd reason my " smart phone " auto corrects that to thar... if I don't catch it. Then again sometimes I fat finger it! Lol
Hey... you're a moderator... could you edit that for me ? :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Haha - autocorrect always seems to create more typos for me than it fixes! And yeah…I have fat finger syndrome too!:emoji_wink:

Red

Nevermind...I figured it out. Took me a minute to recognize a young Rodney Dangerfield.
Would have pointed that out to you... thought you were just giving me a bad time on my spelling lol.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky