Redneck Chili!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, had an elk chuck roast out with the intent of smoking it! Well, as per usual the forecast changed and the day I planned to smoke it, Ma Nature decided to give us some gusty winds and rain! I guess this may be a sign of getting older, but decided I wasn’t going to battle that!

Anyway, things were moved indoors! So, the always reliable CI skillet got the call to get things started!

Cubed up the elk!

BE6EEF72-C263-436C-BB50-25AC5C7412A7.jpeg

Hit it with some Kinder’s!

C575EB07-D73B-464F-81B1-AB32B7FC36A0.jpeg

EE937CDD-0B40-457E-919E-6F23E4016803.jpeg

Browned the elk up a bit with a little bacon grease!

09809A1F-EAFD-4655-9E7E-6B27CD1FBE84.jpeg

Had to do some taste testing, not too bad for an ol redneck cooking!
Here are the other players for the redneck chili…

F7CE7DC3-96FE-422C-86C3-F41EA3D7560C.jpeg

Got the elk and these in the lined crockpot! BTW, these crockpot liners are awesome… makes cleanup so easy! Why can’t I think of something like that? 🤔🤣

So, everything getting together in the crockpot, but wait… I am forgetting something!?! Oh yea, fresh garlic… can’t forget that! Also added a few more shakes of the Kinder’s!

C4C0078E-3699-4155-8203-141A1B9F73D4.jpeg

Let this simmer for a few hours! As it was almost done, tossed some bacon in the CI for a topping!

5A045D06-FDEB-4DD0-BC11-58DD8A477E3C.jpeg

Wife oven baked some garlic bread and we were ready to dish up!

Here’s what we ended up with, was tasty for a meal that was not intended to be an indoor cook… but when Ma Nature decides to rain on your plans… this was not a bad alternative! And with the cooler than expected temps, it hit the spot!

Redneck chili with a bacon crumble topping and garlic bread!

1ABE7881-98F3-479E-8902-A7A34898E81C.jpeg

Thanks for looking all!

Last edited:
Justin that chili looks great. Mother Nature doesn't always like to play nice. She has a way of reminding us who in charge.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
No that's a fine looking pot of chili Justin! Cook inside or outside I can make a meal of that and prove my redneck status 🤣

Keith

Awesome job Justin! That looks delicious for sure! Mmmm...garlic bread and chili!
Your package for my niece showed up...Thank you so much!

Ryan

Justin that chili looks great. Mother Nature doesn't always like to play nice. She has a way of reminding us who in charge.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris! Yea, you are correct Sir, thanks for the point!

No that's a fine looking pot of chili Justin! Cook inside or outside I can make a meal of that and prove my redneck status 🤣

Keith
Thanks Keith for the kind words and like! Sounds as if you’d fit right in at our house! I can always here Jeff Foxworthy in my head…. “You can’t make fun of rednecks unless you are one…. And I are one!”

Reactions: 912smoker
Awesome Justin! Good call on staying out of the gusty rain! Not a sign of being old in a bad way, it’s gaining wisdom! Easy to be hard, tough to be smart! Great looking chili! More PR for Elk hunting🤣

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky