• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Recteq 700 owners lavalock

TGRIMMOSU#1

Meat Mopper
Joined May 26, 2020
Have any of you put the Lavalock around the door to help keep the grill body cleaner while cooking? If so did it work?

TGRIMMOSU#1

Meat Mopper
Joined May 26, 2020
I have an RT700 and have not sealed the door. Rec Tec recommends against doing this and I like how a used smoker looks used.
Yea read a thread where they said they recommend against it. But I don't see why it would make a difference. I personally don't want to see the used smoker look myself lol

JWFokker

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 5, 2019
The only downside to the lavalock gasket is that the adhesive does not hold up to high heat. If you run your cooker up to 500F the gasket will let go. No issues if you stay at or under 400F. If you do high heat cooking you'll want to get fiberglass stove gasket material and use rivets to hold it in place. RecTec probably just doesn't want anyone modifying their cookers for warranty reasons.

TGRIMMOSU#1

Meat Mopper
Joined May 26, 2020
The only downside to the lavalock gasket is that the adhesive does not hold up to high heat. If you run your cooker up to 500F the gasket will let go. No issues if you stay at or under 400F. If you do high heat cooking you'll want to get fiberglass stove gasket material and use rivets to hold it in place. RecTec probably just doesn't want anyone modifying their cookers for warranty reasons.
Yea thats kinda what I was thinking. I'll never get that high. I've got the kettle for high heat cooks that I'll use. So hopefully the lava lock will work. I'd say the highest will prolly be 300°

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Sorry, don't have a Rec Tec(q).
I have a cheap Masterbuilt that leaks a lot. I put a gasket under the upper edge of the chamber that mates with the cover.
Outstanding until a 350° cook . I thought I left the lid open until cooled, but it stuck to the Lavalock.
Thoughts?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.