Recteq 700 owners lavalock

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeye02

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 26, 2020
Ohio
Have any of you put the Lavalock around the door to help keep the grill body cleaner while cooking? If so did it work?

I have an RT700 and have not sealed the door. Rec Tec recommends against doing this and I like how a used smoker looks used.
Yea read a thread where they said they recommend against it. But I don't see why it would make a difference. I personally don't want to see the used smoker look myself lol

The only downside to the lavalock gasket is that the adhesive does not hold up to high heat. If you run your cooker up to 500F the gasket will let go. No issues if you stay at or under 400F. If you do high heat cooking you'll want to get fiberglass stove gasket material and use rivets to hold it in place. RecTec probably just doesn't want anyone modifying their cookers for warranty reasons.

The only downside to the lavalock gasket is that the adhesive does not hold up to high heat. If you run your cooker up to 500F the gasket will let go. No issues if you stay at or under 400F. If you do high heat cooking you'll want to get fiberglass stove gasket material and use rivets to hold it in place. RecTec probably just doesn't want anyone modifying their cookers for warranty reasons.
Yea thats kinda what I was thinking. I'll never get that high. I've got the kettle for high heat cooks that I'll use. So hopefully the lava lock will work. I'd say the highest will prolly be 300°

Reactions: JWFokker
Works great on my 590 to omit this.
20200204_134836.jpg

Reactions: Buckeye02
Sorry, don't have a Rec Tec(q).
I have a cheap Masterbuilt that leaks a lot. I put a gasket under the upper edge of the chamber that mates with the cover.
Outstanding until a 350° cook . I thought I left the lid open until cooled, but it stuck to the Lavalock.
Thoughts?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky