Recs for good value cabinet smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wahoowad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
Virginia
I like smoking with charcoal and lump and have a steady supply of quality splits/chunks. What's a good value priced retail cabinet smoker for a backyard bbq'er? Currently using a MB800 but getting that itch to move on to something else. Want enough space to do 4 racks of ribs, or 2 briskets (not together). Just a smoker, not looking for a unit that can also function as a grill.

I can't really give you any advice but responded to bump your thread up so maybe someone with more knowledge can help you out.

Ryan

I really like a horizontal rack system - meaning I can put my brisket or ribs on left to right and not front to rear like i see a lot of these cabinet smokers do. But do like the idea of running a charcoal firebox and using a thermometer/fan system to maintain temps.

I've been looking into higher end cabinets as well. I currently have a MB dual fuel from home depot. It has served me well over the years. I've been kicking around Humphreys and backwoods. The prices are up there for quality smokers. And with that in mind, I'm planning to modify my MB and see if I can get a better quality smoke session out of it.

LSG or Humphrey's. There are others out there like 270 smokers and Backwoods worth looking at too, but the former mentions seem to make the best ones IMO. I have a Humphrey's Battle Box & cannot speak well enough about it. They're beefy though so make sure you have a flat home for them to rest at once you take delivery. You wont want to be moving them much beyond that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky