Recommendation for a grill mat?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wrybread

Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
I usually smoke my salmon with skin on, at least for the first hour or so, but for my last batch I did some without the skins and they dropped between the grill a bit. I'm thinking one of those silicone grill mats would fix it nicely.

Does anyone have a recommendation for something?

I got a couple a few years back from Jeff at A-Maze-N. Work great at smoker temps. Never had anything stick. I still use them a lot.

I know I use them in my pellet grill and on a gas grill and that they work good. Have had them for many years now but don't remember what brand I have. There are lots of different sizes and numbers in a package on Amazon. Lots have pretty good reviews and many responses. You could check to see if any of those would be good for you.

wrybread,
What smoker are you using? How big of a grate are you using that will allow Salmon to fall down between?

I use a Yoshi Copper Mat. I picked it up at Lowe's a few years ago. It came with two mats, and you can cut them to fit your cooking area. They're washable also.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky