Rec Tec RT-700 - Whole Piggy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leosmith78

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Warner Robins, GA
Greetings! I just got back to the USA after a year and a half in South Korea. (I'm a defense contractor) I've always used MEBs & offsets in the past but I pulled the trigger on a Rec Tec RT-700. I plan on getting it assembled next weekend. After the burn-in, I plan to smoke some fatties and ABTs in order to get the hang of using it, and then I will cook a 30-40 pound pig for my daughter's 6th birthday that same weekend. She's a Filipina and knows her lechon, so papa needs to be on point.

Anywho, I was planning to stuff the cavity with lemongrass, garlic and onion and then sew it up. I will cook it "racer style" at 250F until hams reach ~190F. Does anybody know how long this might take? I haven't cooked a whole pig in a while and when I did cook them, they were over 100lbs on the offset or in La Caja China.

I welcome any suggestions.

TIA,
leo

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky