Reapers new to me

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those are doing great . I can't get my bell peppers to take off . Only about 1 1/2 tall .

Those are doing great . I can't get my bell peppers to take off . Only about 1 1/2 tall .
You have to abuse them like I did LOL,will probably put them in large cups next week.I have some roots sticking out the bottoms
Richie

I repotted to the 16 oz. cups 4/16/18 because I had a lot of roots coming out the bottom.
100_6835.JPG
Used the small cup inside the big one for filling an placing the plant in
100_6834.JPG
transplanted
100_6836.JPG

Reactions: bdskelly
Those look great Richie. Kevin (Foamheart) gave me seeds from plants his father... maybe grandfather gave him. Louisiana Reds. Delicious!
I’m on my own 3rd generation now and all my kids have them as well.
Like! B

Reactions: chopsaw
Ghost pepper is as hot as I need. Lots of bite(for me anyway), but can still taste the flavor.

Pepper eating isn't a "prove you're man enough" thing to me.

Not insinuating anyone here does, but I know you know what I mean!

Good luck with the Reapers!

Ghost pepper is as hot as I need. Lots of bite(for me anyway), but can still taste the flavor.

Pepper eating isn't a "prove you're man enough" thing to me.

Not insinuating anyone here does, but I know you know what I mean!

Good luck with the Reapers!

Bill I will nor be eating these off the plant.My intent is to make a hot sauce that is tasty.
Richie

So a friend sent me some seeds which I planted in starter pots last weekend. I could taste these things just by briefly handling the seeds and getting oil on my fingers! Gloves are recommended!
This should be fun! B

So a friend sent me some seeds which I planted in starter pots last weekend. I could taste these things just by briefly handling the seeds and getting oil on my fingers! Gloves are recommended!
This should be fun! B
I was tempted to taste one of the seeds,but after rubbing my lips I decided it would be a bad idea LOL
Richie
Are they growing yet?

I was tempted to taste one of the seeds,but after rubbing my lips I decided it would be a bad idea LOL
Richie
Are they growing yet?
LOL these babies deserve your respect!
They were planted last Saturday in one of those cheap little green houses with the discs that expand when you add a few cups of water. I have good luck with those. Placed in the window. It’s been sunny and warm. Already seeing tiny sprouts on a few. It will be a number of weeks before I plant them outside.
Foamheart peppers are planted now along with basil . Lots and lots of basil. Thanks again Richie. This is going to be interesting. B

I'm taking a try at growing ghost peppers for the first time this year. I planted my pepper patch last week, and the potatoes are looking green and happy.

I was very lucky to know a guy who grew a field of peppers in Indiana for years. He opened his field for people to glean at the end of the season, and that has turned into a major camping event.

That's my pocket knife at 3:47

He has since quit the hot sauce biz but the annual event lives on.

"Four words: Thank You Jim Campbell" - that's me.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdskelly
I'm taking a try at growing ghost peppers for the first time this year. I planted my pepper patch last week, and the potatoes are looking green and happy.

I was very lucky to know a guy who grew a field of peppers in Indiana for years. He opened his field for people to glean at the end of the season, and that has turned into a major camping event.

That's my pocket knife at 3:47

He has since quit the hot sauce biz but the annual event lives on.

"Four words: Thank You Jim Campbell" - that's me.

Jim nice videos
Richie

LOL these babies deserve your respect!
They were planted last Saturday in one of those cheap little green houses with the discs that expand when you add a few cups of water. I have good luck with those. Placed in the window. It’s been sunny and warm. Already seeing tiny sprouts on a few. It will be a number of weeks before I plant them outside.
Foamheart peppers are planted now along with basil . Lots and lots of basil. Thanks again Richie. This is going to be interesting. B

My plants are big enough just waiting on the weather to warm up a bit.Bought some pickling cukes an basil they are planted,will try to get some Brussels Sprouts maybe 1 Tomato plant.
Richie

Great video link you gave me! Can't wait to try it!
just ordered some mason jar airlocks.
will use store bought peppers for my first try, but hope to use the serranos, cayenne, habanero and jalepeno I started.
Thanks again.

Great video link you gave me! Can't wait to try it!
just ordered some mason jar airlocks.
will use store bought peppers for my first try, but hope to use the serranos, cayenne, habanero and jalepeno I started.
Thanks again.

I did a Habanero , Thai Birds eye with some sweet peppers it taste great,I lost most of the pulp to a cheap blender,so it is not hot.
I have a Habanero,Jalapeno going now
100_6877.JPG
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky