Really? Am I Crazy?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meatnbeer

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Cross Plains, WI
So, marinated chicken breasts and hormel marinated pork tenderloin were on sale at the grocery store yesterday.  I figured what the hell, a lot of the work is done for me!  Unpackage, throw it in the smoker, and have a good dinner.  The smoker has actually started to replace the grill lately, I figure what ever I can do on the grill I can thow in the smoker. 

Anyway, my wife say that my mother-in-law, and the neighbors are starting to say that I am going crazy.  I use the smoker or grill about 1-2 times a week.  I don't care that it is cold outside, that just expands the type of smoking I can do. 

Am I actully going crazy?  Would I be able to tell?

I think you need to bump it up to 3 times a week.

Don't have MILs anymore. ( Had 3 )

My neighbors think I am crazy for other reasons.

Have a great day and keep up the good work.

Craig

Just explain to them that the calm relaxing practice of low and slow BBQ, quiets the voices in your head telling you where to burry the bodies.
icon_twisted.gif

icon_cool.gif

Well if your wife and the neighbors think that you are crazy. Then my neighbor must think that I'm plum cuckoo for I grill or smoke at least 3-4 times minimum a week.

I don't see any issues. Don't worry they will get over it once you keep pumping out great Q for them. Just wait until they really think you are crazy when you take pictures of all of your food to post here. But once again they will get over that and pretty soon they will be helping you take pictures. Don't worry it will wear off of them. The only bad thing is if you go out to eat and they get BBQ they will be upset because it doesn't taste anywhere near as good as what you make for them. haha Trust me it will happen.

i hear ya!! i've had neighbors show up when i'm smoking because they think my garage is on fire when they see the smoke!!!Once i tell them that i'm just bbqing they give me a funny look! Of course there are no funny looks when i show up at their door with treats for them!! It just takes some time for them to adjust to our ways!!!!

I was smoking Sundy in my boxers LOL... I was just running out in the cold every so often to check temps.... i am surprised no one called the cops on me...

& yeah, my pork butts werent the only thing shrinking LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah we are nuts...

Normal by whose standards?  Sounds normal for this place, what is their problem, they are the ones not normal...

Yep, you've whacked out there's no hope for you....I might suggest you consult the clergy immediately or a licensed mental therapist.

I'll tell you what is crazy. It's when you happen to go somewhere to eat and the food tastes virtually terrible. The folks going there are in a mad rush to get some they can't get there fast enough. And then, after they gobble it up in a few bites they're looking for more of it day after day on continuum seemingly satisfied! And it's considered "normal".

Anytime you do something that isn't quite congruent with what a person (or group of peers) deem to be "normal" and you don't follow the script, you're going to have your critics. Just laugh and thank them for sharing their concern. Eat what you like to eat. I'm sure that you can make your own decisions about your choices of food to eat. I trust that you can actually do that.

There's a butcher who works at place that says at times that they throw away as much as 40% of their meat. Lol, and a lady that got pulled over with this huge round of exquisite cheese that the store had disposed of. Suppose that's normal too? Like I said to the exhausted gal the other night when she caught up to me to apologetically advising that she was a dollar short giving me my change...."No big deal, you caught yourself and corrected it. What's really bizarre, is being screwed by those who do essentially nothing thinking nothing of it!"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky