Ready to haul my smoker to the local dump! Briskets are b.s.!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thelandmaster

Original poster
Jul 1, 2017
Brisket #4 just completed. I am DONE with attempting to smoke a glorified pot roast, to simply shove 10 lbs of bubble gum into the oven! All 4 briskets were done with different styles and methodologies, AND time I cannot take back! Temperature probes, everything - you name it, I got it, I used it! Unwrapped, fat down, fat up, 225 degrees, 260 degrees, 275 degrees... tried everything! Bark, no bark... nothing but a total of 40 lbs of meat between 4 "smoking sessions" that I could use as a spare tire on my truck! Internal temps? Yeah, 195...all 4! Stored in coolers for hours after? Yep! Been there done that!!! Nothing but rubber! I would rather have a Big Mac from McDonalds!!!

My guess is your brisket wasn't done. Briskets can be done anywhere from 195-210,but they have to be probe tender in the thickest part of the flat. Was your briskets probe tender?

Welcome to the Forum.   When I do briskets it is not done to time or temp.   They do not come off until they are probe tender.   Works for me.

Reactions: hoity toit
To me... if all 4 were terrible to you, I would look at what all 4 sessions had in common. Finish temp. I've never had good luck below 200 IT. The last three I have done were 208, 207, and 203 when I pulled them off. All were buttery smooth and juicy after a couple hour rest. Even a few degrees can make all the difference with these things. It took me a year to figure that out, don't give up!

What kind of smoker is it?:biggrin: Welcome to the forum! Sounds like everyone has got you going in the right direction probe tender is what you want.Thumbs Up

hit.gif

I've followed recipes on the forum and had good results I coat with mayo then seasoning wrap in clear wrap overnight remove wrap Smoke at 225-250 until internal temp is around 200 check in several locations Then wrap in aluminum fold into cooler couple hours Has always been good. This is a forum recipes not mine. I have gotten so many great recipes and direction and help on how to make cooking fun and delicious from the members of this forum Jim

What kind of Smoker are you using, and what Therms are you using for Smoker Temp & Internal Meat Temp?

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky