random thought question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hijack73

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 9, 2020
SC, just a smidge from Charlotte
What would an uncured salami or pepperoni be? Just a brat? I don't much care for any salami that I've ever tried, but I can hurt myself when it comes to pepperoni. I'm the guy who won't often buy much of it because I'll sit there and eat it with cheese and green olives like it's a healthy snack (bad Jack!!!)

How much of a pepperoni flavor profile could I expect if I did a pork/beef blend with traditional pepperoni seasonings that I wouldn't cure?

I use that blend with brats, they don’t taste like pepperoni.
Without cure#1 & smoking them at low temps, they taste like spicy brats. Even if you use cure#1 & slow smoke them, they still don’t taste like the pepperoni you are used to buying in the store. A curing chamber or Umai bags get the best result, using cure#2.
Al

Thank you. I'm a long way from having the desire to cure like that tho. You guys make it look so interesting but curing chambers and the like are strictly in the look but don't touch category for me 😂

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky