R.I.P. Bearcarver (John)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Search after search led me back to this site and more times than not, to seasoned and tested advice from John. He has left us quite the legacy in things that go beyond this forum. My condolences to his family and close friends.

Peace be to his memory.

John,

Goodbye, Old Friend.

I'm thankful that I knew you. I'm thankful that we were able to share some laughs, some stories, and some recipes over the last 14 years. And I'm thankful that you are finally released from your pain and suffering.

I know for certain that these forums will never be quite the same without you...

Rest in Peace, Brother - You've Earned It.
Forever Your Friend,
Red

Well done good and faithful servant. Enter now into the joys of the Lord.

I have been away from the forums for a bit due to my own health issues. Bear was one of the contributors that that I read often and took away many ideas related not only to food(meltaways are a annual enjoyment now), but to living life in spite of its many challenges. I am sad to hear of his passing, but much respect to him, and I wish his family well in their grieving and navigating life without him.

Reactions: halleoneagain
I'm at a loss of words. I liked John and enjoyed our conversations. Once again. We have lost a great member to this forum. And it is a void that won't be filled.
Jed, I heard what you did for John. And I know that this gesture meant the world to Bear. Thank you.

R.I.P Bear
20230207_080929.jpg

Sad to hear this and condolences to his family. RIP John.

He was the first person to ever reach out when I joined this forum 5 years ago. Legendary guy.

Jed. that was a hell of a gesture and nice thing you did. I really hope he enjoyed it and I'm so glad he was able to respond before he went.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky