Quick question ...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fl girl

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Tampa Bay Area, Florida
I'm about to put my 11 pound turkey in my electric smoker.  Where should I put it?  On the bottom, right above the water, or higher? 

Any help is welcome

Thanks!

Last edited:
Are you smoking anything else in it?  You always want to put poultry on the bottom so no juices drip onto other meats you're cooking a/c cross contamination.  If by itself, put it on top where your highest heat is to get it through 40° to 140° in 4 hours if it is uncured.

Thanks Pops.  I'm not cooking anything else so I should raise the bird?  I have a masterbuilt electric 30.  It's on the bottom now, but I can raise it if you feel that is a better idea.  This is my first bird...hope to have some nice pictures later.

Thanks

Linda

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky