Quick Hot Smoked Salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sirsquatch

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
Northern Va
Had dinner plans fall through so I picked up a piece of salmon from Costco on my way home from work. Just used salt, pepper and some herb de provence are seasoning. Used just two pieces of cherry wood for some smoke. Went ~2 hours at 225. 

Seasoned and resting

On the smoker (sorry, it was dark and the light wasn't great)

Inside on the board resting.

I am not a Salmon fan but that looks great! You have inspired me to do some Tuna this weekend. Nice smoke!

I plan to try salmon tomorrow, never smoked it before. Did you brine or rest in the seasoning for a long time? I'm not sure how much time I'll have before needing to smoke it... curious how it comes out with some simple seasoning, an hour or so rest while the smoker gets going, then a hot smoke (225).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky