Quick & Easy Meals X 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bacon and grilled cheese is a great combo. Haven't done that in awhile. May have to revisit that. Sometimes I don't even grill them. Just get the bacon real crisp and put it between a couple of pieces of soft bread for a nice blend of textures to go with the great flavor.

Thank You Brett!!
Hmmm--I never tried it without melting the cheese, but I will.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

My wife is a bit of a grilled cheese snob. Not that she has any special or unique recipe, just that you don't mess with the GC sandwich she's been eating since she was a kid. I mentioned Bear's addition of bacon and she said, "Wow! That sounds GREAT!"

Thank you, Bear!

Thank You Ray!!
I know what you mean---I'm like that about a lot of my favorite things (don't mess with it!!), but in this case I think she'll love the GC with Bacon in there.

Bear

Finally got around to making a GC with bacon today. My wife is working from home and is in the final week of a 4-month project. She has back-to-back meetings all day, so I threw together a couple of "quick and easy" GCs for our lunch.

Only had two pieces of thick cut bacon thawed. Fried them to not quite crisp. Buttered whole wheat bread. One layer each of havarti, provolone, and Velveeta cheese. Added the bacon and sliced grape tomatoes.

Fried each sandwich brown in the bacon fat and butter coating. DELICIOUS! Needed one more piece of bacon on each sandwich, and a few slivers of white onion (ooh, or pickled onion) to be perfect.

I never take pics of experiments or first time efforts, but I'm sorry I didn't do so today due to the time crunch my wife was on. The sandwich was a thing of crusty brown beauty with melty cheese. .

Finally got around to making a GC with bacon today. My wife is working from home and is in the final week of a 4-month project. She has back-to-back meetings all day, so I threw together a couple of "quick and easy" GCs for our lunch.

Only had two pieces of thick cut bacon thawed. Fried them to not quite crisp. Buttered whole wheat bread. One layer each of havarti, provolone, and Velveeta cheese. Added the bacon and sliced grape tomatoes.

Fried each sandwich brown in the bacon fat and butter coating. DELICIOUS! Needed one more piece of bacon on each sandwich, and a few slivers of white onion (ooh, or pickled onion) to be perfect.

I never take pics of experiments or first time efforts, but I'm sorry I didn't do so today due to the time crunch my wife was on. The sandwich was a thing of crusty brown beauty with melty cheese. .

That's Great that You enjoyed it !!
Now you're making Me hungry again!!

Bear

Reactions: noboundaries
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky