Quick Brisket Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If I even attempted to bring up the idea of making soap from fat my wife would have me strung up by the dingles lol. More power to you if you make use of it though.
Same here. My wife would think i have gone full Fight Club crazy.

I'm in Canada and I made my purchase at a Costco. Canada = $$$.
I guess prices are not comparable across the border. sorry. I read to bend the briskets in the cryo bags. too firm = too much fat, too floppy - not enough. I am sure I have over simplified and there is more too it - but thats what i can recall right now. I was focusing on the thicker flat and ended up with tons of fat to remove. I havent bought one since learning of the bending check...my freezer has 3-4 smoked brisket halves to eat.

Reactions: Little-m
If I even attempted to bring up the idea of making soap from fat my wife would have me strung up by the dingles lol. More power to you if you make use of it though.

Does she like french fries :)
Yeah, I get it. My wife was skeptical too but she now loves the soap. Current recipe uses about 50% tallow with the remainder coconut and olive.

Reactions: Little-m
Same here. My wife would think i have gone full Fight Club crazy.

I guess prices are not comparable across the border. sorry. I read to bend the briskets in the cryo bags. too firm = too much fat, too floppy - not enough. I am sure I have over simplified and there is more too it - but thats what i can recall right now. I was focusing on the thicker flat and ended up with tons of fat to remove. I havent bought one since learning of the bending check...my freezer has 3-4 smoked brisket halves to eat.

Interesting. I will keep that in mind. It is difficult to determine just how much fat is on these things. It is clearly a crap shoot.

Does she like french fries :)
Yeah, I get it. My wife was skeptical too but she now loves the soap. Current recipe uses about 50% tallow with the remainder coconut and olive.

I actually shared the idea with the wife after reading your post. I still have my nads; but I won't be making any soap lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky