Questions about a smoke vault smoker Brand new beginner BBQ person

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin246

Original poster
Apr 24, 2021
Hi,
I bought a used smoke vault smoker propane [ little chief is the maker ] smoked a whole chicken, It came out ok considering I could not get the temperature down to 250 or lower. If I turned the propane down, propane flame would go out ( turned the knob on the front of the smoker, not the tank.
So my questions are, should I clean somehow where the propane comes into the burner? The vents really stick,
suggestions on how to solve that problem. And finally, there are 3 vents on this unit, 2 on the sides down low and one on the top lid, They do not close all the way, is this so I don't blow myself up with propane

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome to the site, yes the vents are made so you cant smother the flame out and make a bomb, thats the issue with gas smokers or at least mine, during the summer it tough for lownslow. there are some that have valves to help cut down the gas but mines not 1 of them ,

Look up the needle valve mod for propane smokers on here. Lots of folks have modded this things out pretty well.
Jim

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky