• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Question on temps for BBB

shtrdave

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 11, 2010
I put some meat in the brine last night, and figuring next weekend I would smoke it. Can I do it on my pellet grill, I have a Rec Tec and I think the lowest it will go is 180° in the past I have done these things in my Cookshack but having a new toy I would like to use it.

Will smoking at 180° be to high and render the fat or should I just do it like I always have in the Cookshack?

thank you

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
I prefer "bacon" to be smoked less than 75 deg.... I've smoked it at 150 and I think it's not as good.... Personal preference for me...

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
How long would you smoke it for Dave?

Bride likes 4 hours of smoke.... I like longer so you know it's homemade... Sooooooooo.... bacon is smoked for 4 hours...

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.