Question on smoking the 3-2-1 baby back ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I do 2-2-1 on babybacks and 3-2-1 on spares. I usually cook between 225-240. I usually don't temp check ribs I go by feel and appearance so don't know a final IT if there is such a thing. Just probe for tenderness and pull them off when they are how you like em

Yep.
3-2-1 is a little too much for babybacks.
You're still looking for an IT between 190 and 203.
Lower end gives you more bite, top end gives you FOTB.

Reactions: joefrommi
Thank you gentlemen...... I usually just did the touch and feel thing but recently go the smoke
Smoke remote alarm thermometer and was curious for a temp.....

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Ribs is one of the very few things we smoke by time and not temp. They are very hard to get a temp probe in the center of without hitting or being to close to the bone to possibly give a false reading.
3-2-1 for Spares
2-2-1 for Baby Backs
Both those are figured at a smoker temp of 225.
This will usually get you fall off the bone if you like them not quite so done play with the numbers until you get it just the way you want them. The middle/wrapped number will have the greatest affect on the fall off the bone part.
The very best part of this is that you get to eat all those not quite right racks you smoke before you get it just the way you want it :emoji_blush:

Reactions: joefrommi
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky