Question on Ribs and Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

okieflier

Original poster
Nov 19, 2013
Anyone that has done this i would like your feedback.

So I am planning on smoking some babybacks this friday evening and they will be done around 11pm ish.  If i put them in the oven at 195 double wrapped in tinfoil wil they be fine until Noon the next day?  What is the longest time you have put ribs into a ice chest/oven/cambro?

The cooler will hold them for about 3-4 hours depending on how many racks are in there. At 195 for 12 hours you will have Rib Pudding when you open the foil. You can reheat, recommended,  or try holding in a 150°F oven but 12 hours is a long time. I have no idea what kind of quality you can expect after all that time...JJ

I would just get up early and cook the day you intend to serve them since BB's shouldn't take more than 5 hours. Don't think I'd try to hold anything that long. If you must pre-cook, I'd go the re-heat route that Chef JimmyJ suggested.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky