Question on GOSM smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

malbert

Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Sugar Land, Texas
I just purchased a GOSM smoker. Mine is 36x16x16 which isn't quite as large as the big block. My question is on briskets - do I need to limit the size of the brisket so that it will fit on the racks or can I buy a larger brisket and cut it so it fits? I figure i can smoke around a 9 pounder with no problems but anything much larger just won't fit.

Thanks

Mike -

You shouldn't have a problem fitting a brisket in that thing. You can also turn it diagonal. Congrats on th GOSM!

How would you go about hanging the briskets? That's a great idea but are the shelves strong enough? Sorry but I'm new to this
icon_wink.gif

Thanks

i am not familiar with your smoker but in my old cabinet style smoker, when i removed the racks, i could put a metal rod (rebar) from one side to the other...then i could hang whatever i want to from the rebar

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky