• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Question on GOSM smoker

malbert

Joined Apr 12, 2007
I just purchased a GOSM smoker. Mine is 36x16x16 which isn't quite as large as the big block. My question is on briskets - do I need to limit the size of the brisket so that it will fit on the racks or can I buy a larger brisket and cut it so it fits? I figure i can smoke around a 9 pounder with no problems but anything much larger just won't fit.

Thanks

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Mike -

You shouldn't have a problem fitting a brisket in that thing. You can also turn it diagonal. Congrats on th GOSM!

malbert

Joined Apr 12, 2007
How would you go about hanging the briskets? That's a great idea but are the shelves strong enough? Sorry but I'm new to this

Thanks

teacup13

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 22, 2007
i am not familiar with your smoker but in my old cabinet style smoker, when i removed the racks, i could put a metal rod (rebar) from one side to the other...then i could hang whatever i want to from the rebar

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.