Question for the experts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fished

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Cedar Park, Texas. 78613
I've read and drooled over a lot of posts about casingless snack sticks.  For those who do them,  have you ever used cheese in them?  If you have how did it work out?

Thanks

Ed

It should work fine. I suggest you use high temp cheese only if not using casings

Joe

I did some with some leftover summer sausage mix I made a while back. I used frozen crumbled cream cheese in that sausage with jalepeno's and it turned out well. You have to keep your temperatures right but cream cheese does not melt and run out like a lot of other non high temp. cheeses. I have used aged smoked cheddar before but it was ridiculously expensive to use in sausage. Like the other poster said you can use high temp. cheese but once again keep your temps perfect for the recipe you are doing. It is easy to have it all melt out.

I already have some high temp hot pepper cheese, just didn't know how well it would work for casingless sticks.  It works great for summer sausage.  I may just have to try and see what happens.

Thanks

Ed

I was surprised how well the cheese held up when I did it. I made sticks and patties and also cold smoked them for several hours. Very good and makes me want to make another batch soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky