Question about timers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smallwood

Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
I currently bought the vertical pit boss model PBV4PS1 , it did not come with a timer, any ideas if I can use a plug-in timer and what would be the best one to purchase to use. At times I have grilled in the evenings and would be nice to set it up for so many hours to kick off but this unit did not come with a timer.???

Don't think I've ever seen a smoker that had a timer. The Pit Boss smokers that I have seen have a cool down cycle when you turn them off not sure how that would work with a timer.

Go to walmart and buy a smart outlet, I have 2, 1 comes with a fob and the other is wifi, you can set times or turn off and on by your phone, cheapest way to control electric imo both have 2 outlets on them

Note, not to be used with pellet smokers, fire might get back to hopper, a electric is fine

Reactions: TNJAKE
Cook to an internal temperature of the meat, NOT by time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky