Question about timers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smallwood

Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
I currently bought the vertical pit boss model PBV4PS1 , it did not come with a timer, any ideas if I can use a plug-in timer and what would be the best one to purchase to use. At times I have grilled in the evenings and would be nice to set it up for so many hours to kick off but this unit did not come with a timer.???

Don't think I've ever seen a smoker that had a timer. The Pit Boss smokers that I have seen have a cool down cycle when you turn them off not sure how that would work with a timer.

Go to walmart and buy a smart outlet, I have 2, 1 comes with a fob and the other is wifi, you can set times or turn off and on by your phone, cheapest way to control electric imo both have 2 outlets on them

Note, not to be used with pellet smokers, fire might get back to hopper, a electric is fine

Reactions: TNJAKE
Cook to an internal temperature of the meat, NOT by time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky