Question about sealing up the 560

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
hey All,

I was going to seal the lid on the 560 but..... As u can kinda see in this picture there is a big hole in the back anyway. Does this make sealing the lid moot? Should I find a way to cover that hole? I would think they put it there for a reason.
mb rear.jpg
loaf3.jpg

Reactions: Will Squared
gotha thanks,

edited

Just sealed up the smoker lid and the lower fire box door. I didn't have enough of the island Outdoor gasket to do the top lid. Super easy to do. Will post pics after it sets.

Last edited:
I found that after sealing the grill lid it doesn't close completely and smoke escapes out of the bottom of the lid. Do you have a wood chip smoking box in the grill chamber?

Nope the fit was perfect no issues. You do have to make sure it's shut. Yes, I wanted to try some wet apple chips. I had it on cooking area but didn't seem to get the cast iron into smoking temp.

I found that after sealing the grill lid it doesn't close completely and smoke escapes out of the bottom of the lid. Do you have a wood chip smoking box in the grill chamber?

Try adding washers to the lid hinge mounting hardware. Should only need one or two where it bolts together to get adequate spacing. I don't have a Masterbuilt but I've had to do it with other smokers.

I know it's not "necessary" I was looking for a little extra applewood smoke. I was running some hickory in the bin Ty though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky