Question about Chuckies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigjonbbq

Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
I've got 2 Chuckies on the smoker right now with 3 racks of Baby Racks...I"m feeling more of a steak taste tonight instead of Pulled Beef.....Is it a good idea to pull the Chuckies at about 160-165 and slice them up or is that uncommon for that cut of meat? I don't want to do it if it's going to be tough

For some reason my computer wouldn't let me finish my thought.....I know most people treat chuckies alot like brisket or pull them, but will my Chuckies be good at Medium?

JT

more than likely be tough at med . Pull it and try a piece and if not right put it back on.

Good question, I don't know how tender a meduim chuckie would be. You say you have 2 on so I would do a test - take one to meduim and let the second go to 200 and see which one you like better. If you hate the meduim one you can always cook it some more.

I slice mine all the time. I take them to about 195 though when I slice mine. I have a suspicion that like eman said it may be tough if you pull it at a lower temp but I am not sure since I have never done it. But since you are slicing it maybe it wouldn't be to bad. I just don't know for sure. They are awesome sliced at 195 if you have the time to take it to around that temp.

Rbranster, is right on. Take them on up,you'll bee satisfied for sure
icon_mrgreen.gif

Have fun and remember
icon_arrow.gif

icon_cool.gif

I'm also with Ross and say take it to 195°ish and it will be great. I slice them all the time and they are fine.

I take mine to 195-205. I think they may be very tough at 165, but why not try it & let us know. You can always cook it longer if its tough.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky