• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Quarters Success

binnesman

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 23, 2021
Well the rain hinder the cook had to pull them of a little early so did not get that real crisp skin but the flavor was amazing. Marinated them in olive oil, garlic, rosemary and thyme most of day. Then rubbed them with some killer bee and low smoked them for a hr on the pellet smoker to maximize smoke at 225 then cranked it up to 375 till it poured. All in all they turned out great.

Attachments

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Some good looking chicken. I don't bother with the skin on smoked chicken except wings anymore. Never really turns out that great no matter what I do. Just go for nice juicy chicken.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Those quarters look fantastic!
Very nicely done!
Al

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
NICE JOB! Congrats on the ride! IMO a pellet grill is PERFECT for poultry where you are essentially replicating a wood fired grill and not low and slow smoking.

I don't bother with the skin on smoked chicken except wings anymore. Never really turns out that great no matter what I do. Just go for nice juicy chicken.
Besides the skin I find low and slow chicken is over smoked. Last chicken I ran I used my gas grill around 350F and foil pouch of pellets (ordered a AMNTS) and was the best chicken I ever made. Skin was crispy and a kiss of smoke flavor. If you like low and slow smoked, dry the skin to touch/pellicle and skin will be bite through like rotisserie.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Great looking plate and a nice job of cooking.

Warren

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.