Put it on and leave it.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It was pretty good, but close to the bark was kind of dry. I don't know if that is normal or not. It could be because it was at 205+/-2 when I got home. I immediately took it out and let it rest before pulling it. I guess my expectations were just higher, but all in all not too bad.

I took pics but can't load them from my phone, when my new computer gets here tomorrow I'll upload them.

It was pretty good, but close to the bark was kind of dry. I don't know if that is normal or not. It could be because it was at 205+/-2 when I got home. I immediately took it out and let it rest before pulling it. I guess my expectations were just higher, but all in all not too bad.
How long was it from your noon check up till you pulled it? Was it 12 hours from start to finish?

Did you add any finishing sauce?

How was your smoke flavor? Light/Heavy, about right?

Bark was dry, but was it how you wanted it to taste? What spice would you add or cut back on?

Would the whole thing have cooked on a better timetable for you had you lowered the smoker temp 10 degrees?

Sorry, do notes so next time you'll know what you want to change.

About 4.5 hours, it was at 180 at 1300.

No sauce.

About right on the smoke flavor.

Spices tasted good.

I have no idea if lowering it 10 degrees would have helped.  I assume so, but it being my first one I just don't know.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky