Pure Beef Bliss: Two Full 103 Cut Subprimal Rib Sections (A Few Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
I'd been looking for these for what seems forever. The only place I could find them locally they wanted an insane amount of money for them, Turns out they have been right under my nose for quite a while, I just didn't realize if until one day a couple weeks before Christmas when I was talking with my sales manager at CPB. I would have gotten one then but they were completely sold out for the holidays so I had to wait. These were just dropped off a little wile ago.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

As you can see one was just over 21# and the other just shy of 29#. Total weight just over 50#. I guess if you're gonna melt a hole in the credit card, you may as well do it in a big way :emoji_laughing: In my near future I see some soup bones, Dino ribs, tomahawk steaks, and perhaps a small chunk of prime rib. These are the full 7 bone sections comprised of ribs 6 through 12, which of course is the best part. I cannot wait to get these babies out into the garage tomorrow and start cutting different stuff out of them...then perhaps cooking just bit :emoji_wink:

One happy camper,
Robert

Holy hell Robert. That one just did it...I am coming to Texas. You are going to keep CPB in business...I think I am going to buy in on some stocks before you make it go up! In all seriousness those are two beautiful looking roasts. They are carousel worthy still in the cryovac uncooked!

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
Man, those look good. Tomahawk steaks was the first thing I thought of when I saw those. Wish I could find some in the Seattle area.

Reactions: negolien
Boom!!! Big find here Robert. I cant wait to see the results,

Fred

Thanks Fred. BOOM is exactly what I was thinking...like a big boom right between the eyes with a large hammer after all the time I spent looking for these and never realized they were right there the whole time.

Robert

Holy hell Robert. That one just did it...I am coming to Texas.

Come on down brother!! The door is open and I could possibly find a scrap or two from these to feed you. You might have to fight the dog for the bone though :emoji_laughing:

In all seriousness those are two beautiful looking roasts. They are carousel worthy still in the cryovac uncooked!

Thank you my friend but we both know that's not likely to happen, especially with the two antiquated, multi-month old threads of mine that are still on the carousel...both of which should have been gone long ago. The carousel is a bit of a mess right now :emoji_wink: Hoping to see it get righted pretty soon. I've been in contact with the staff and brought it to their attention. I have the faith that all will be resolved pretty quick.

Robert

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Man, those look good. Tomahawk steaks was the first thing I thought of when I saw those. Wish I could find some in the Seattle area.

I'm planning to do some tomahawks but also rime short ribs and prime rib. Gonna cut the rib tips off for soup stock, and God only knows what I'll do after that :emoji_astonished:

They average about 25# each. Send me a check and I can have one sent your way. Not easy to get on their mailing list but once there, you have carte blanche. I can order them and have them shipped anywhere in the CONUS for free. Well, shipping is free but the meat must be paid for :emoji_wink:

Robert

your going to have some good eats there Robert.

I sure hope so. If I don't do something really great with these mama is gonna cut off my....credit card privileges. Don't even go there please :emoji_laughing:

Not really wanting it cut off,
Robert

I believe you missed the one I posted yesterday.
I turned 2 Prime Ribs (10LBs Each) into 2 Prime Ribs of 5 pounds Each, 10 Nice Ribeye Steaks, and a nice mess of Heavily meated Beef Dinos.
prime-rib-ribeyes-for-the-year.294333

Actually Bear, I did see it but didn't have time to respond and have not gone back to make the appropriate commentary. I promise though....you'll get my full and undivided attention at some point real soon. Not gonna let that one go unnoticed, that's for sure!!

Robert

That’s Fred Flinstone style brontosaurus rubs right there! Those should becmiuth warring for sure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky