• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pulled Pork!

txflyguy

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 29, 2009
Yes, another Pulled Pork thread! I copied Malcom Reed (How To BBQ Right), and got some ideas on doing a shoulder.
This was on the smoker for 9 hours with the beans directly under the meat. Then the shoulder was double wrapped in foil, with 12 ounces of Coca-Cola added in and put in the oven at 325 F for another 3 hours.
After the pork was removed from the oven and allowed to cool a bit, it was pulled / shredded. Then the juices that collected in the foil were added back in the meat to help with moisture and flavor.

The beans have pineapple and jalapeno peppers! Like a friend said, after trying these beans..."They are panty dropping good!"

It was a full day of smoking, and keeping an eye on the temps. The chamber varied from 225 to 275, with an average smoke temp of 250 F. Once or twice I had a thermal runaway, hitting 310 F briefly.

P1050875.JPG
P1050876.JPG
P1050878.JPG

P1050880.JPG

P1050879.JPG

P1030433.JPG

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Looks fantastic ! Never tried scoring like that . Next time for sure .
Nice work . Good combo on the beans . Have done that myself , and the two go great together .

PPG1

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 22, 2020
I guess I'm behind the times...never heard of beans under the butt. I will being doing it on my next cook. See your never to old to learn. Great looking smoke.

GATOR240

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 15, 2017
Looks excellent! I am doing a butt overnight tonight and am going to copycat the scoring if I remember. Like

txflyguy

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 29, 2009
Looks excellent! I am doing a butt overnight tonight and am going to copycat the scoring if I remember. Like
I stole the idea from Malcom Reed. He calls those little square nuggets “Meat Candy”.

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 17, 2020
I dont know about "pantie dropping" but I'd definitely need to loosen my pants after eating that. Looks darn good.
Jim

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Hot damn that looks good! What else did you add in the beans besides pineapple and jalapeno?

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Everrthing looks delicious!
Very nicely done!!
Al

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.