Pulled Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jetguy

Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Goldsboro, NC
It was a beautiful day and I had the day off work, so why not fire up the smoker for some pulled pork. I started with an 8 pound pork butt, trimmed and rubbed the night before and in the reefer for the night. Up at 0600 to get the smoker fired up! I kept the smoker between 250 and 280 for most of the cook. Put the butt on at 0650 and didn't peek until around 1000, when I put the temp probe in. It was looking good with an IT of 129. Closed up the smoker and didn't look again until 1300, when the IT was 166. Put the butt in an aluminum pan, added some finishing sauce and wrapped with foil. Back on the smoker until 1620, when the IT hit 203. Came out great! One of the best butts I've done yet. Thanks for looking.

Trimmed and rubbed the night before.

Outdoor Gourmet Pro Triton Classic. Not the best smoker, but not too bad for a beginner. I definitely plan to upgrade in the near future,

On the smoker at 0650.

Checked it at 1000.  IT was 129. Inserted temp probe.

Pulled it at 1300. IT was 166. Put in aluminum pan, added finishing sauce, covered with foil.

Pulled at 1620, IT at 203. Total cook time was 8 1/2 hours.

Tender and juicy.

Bone came out clean.

Dinner is served! Pulled pork Sammy, fresh cut fries and some homemade slaw. I could eat this every day!

Man, that's an awesome looking butt. The bark is great and the pan of pulled meat really looks good.

Keep up the smokin and send pics. Great job, Joe. :points:

Great job, and I like the rig too!  If you learn how your smoker likes to run, smoking everything becomes easier.

points1.png

Mike

Looking lovely... Yummy Yummy Yummmm Yummmmm !!!

Point to you sir 
sausage.gif

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky