Pulled Pork Vinegar Sauces - Three Varieties

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

reardenreturns

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 1, 2011
Houston, Republic of Texas
Some of you have asked for my vinegar sauce recipes. They're nothing fancy, but here the are in descending order of my preference. I put each sauce in a squirt bottle to allow the diner to select and squirt on sammichs and pulled pork plates. It's NEVER put on the pulled pork before serving. :439:

West Carolina Vinegar Sauce:

2 c. cider vinegar
1/2 c plus 2 tbsp ketchup
1/4 c firm packed brown sugar
5 tsp salt
4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp ground white pepper
- Combine all ingredients and whisk together. Use immediately or refrigerate overnight for more developed taste

East Carolina Vinegar Sauce:
1 c cider vinegar
1 c white vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cayenne
1 tbsp tabasco sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and whisk together. User immediately or refrigerate overnight for more developed taste

Alabama White Sauce
1 c mayonnaise
3/4 c white vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp prepared horseradish
1 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients and whisk together. User immediately or refrigerate overnight for more developed taste

I like the ingredient list on the top 2. I'm going to give them a try the next butt I do. Thanks!

Ya, the West is definitely the best on that list. I really like the sweet and sour taste it has with a kick of heat. You gotta like black pepper to enjoy the Alabama White Sauce.

[quote name="cliffcarter" url="/forum/thread/104039/pulled-pork-vinegar-sauces-three-varieties#post_601484"]
Looks good, did you develop these yourself?
[/quote]

Not really.. culled from books and sites. These are just the ones that I've liked the best and have tweaked a little bit. I'm not really that great at developing the recipes from the ground up, but I can tinker with ones that I find I like.

Thanks for the recipes, I'll have to try them. The white sauce is something I've heard of but never tried. I like horseradish and that is what caught my eye with that recipe. Have you tried it on beef, such as a chuckie?

Now that's a thought I think the white sauce would be good for thin sliced roast beef sammies.

That's what I was thinking. Horseradish goes so well with prime rib, I thought this white sauce would be good on beef sandwiches as well. I believe I have some smoked chuckie in the freezer. May have to try it this weekend.

Greetings all,

If anyone is interested, you can dual purpose the Alabama White sauce to make a killer COLE SLAW.

Just double the Mayo if you like it creamy...

Enjoy...JJ

Stupid question: for Cups are you using dry measuring cups or wet mearuring cups?Stupid(er) question: this is supposed to be a very runny sauce, right? I've not made it to the Carolinas, so I don't know from experience.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky