Pulled Pork Nachos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Going to call these my hangover nachos. Think I over did it last night. Actual had a cool day in Texas and lit a fire on the patio. Listening to good music watching the fire for few hours. That pork from yesterday is so good. I have not done pull pork in many years. I never was a fan. It was good day of smoke but leftovers where dry. I rather make ham from it. I did something right as this is melt in your mouth tender and great flavor. Using that cajun butter probably helped as did resting time. Made chips from my A LA MADRE low carb corn tortillas. Had some low carb cheese tortilla in fridge needed to use so just lay them over top. Worked well.

20210815_141940.jpg 20210815_142028.jpg 20210814_181215.jpg

I actually have a fan on my deck too, partially because of the heat, but also to keep flies away. This is the hottest summer I can recall in a while. I was in the garage at 0630 and heard the AC condenser come on.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
I actually have a fan on my deck too, partially because of the heat, but also to keep flies away. This is the hottest summer I can recall in a while. I was in the garage at 0630 and heard the AC condenser come on.
I use it for an exhaust fan to suck smoke off patio.

Haha I hear you Brian. We’re doing pulled pork nachos and quesadillas. Smoked 3 butts for my daughters 5th birthday party, and like you said. Today has been rough to say the least. So keeping it simple for dinner tonight

Looks fantastic Brian , I’d be happy to sit down to a big plate of those for sure. Have you tried the Mr. Tortilla 1 net carb little street taco tortillas?

Looks fantastic Brian , I’d be happy to sit down to a big plate of those for sure. Have you tried the Mr. Tortilla 1 net carb little street taco tortillas?
Have not got around to those yet. Do they freeze well? Wish could buy them in the store. I like these low carb corn ones better than the regular corn. Most things use Trader Joe's.

Have not got around to those yet. Do they freeze well? Wish could buy them in the store. I like these low carb corn ones better than the regular corn. Most things use Trader Joe's.
Haven’t tried to freeze them but I think would be ok. FYI I did freeze that cheesecake I make and my new key lime pie. Both we’re great when thawed.

We have nachos all the time, but have never tried PP nachos. I guess you get used to doing them the same way all the time, I guess I need to try some new things. Those sure look good Brian!
Al

PP nachos are a staple for us. We make sandwiches the day I do the butt and then freeze leftovers. It all gets made into nachos! Those look superb.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky