Pulled Pork in the mountains w/qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks guys. I just had a second helping for lunch today. 

You're just taunting us.. knowing we all want some!!
rolleyes.gif
Also put some shredded smoked cheddar on it.

Great looking pork Brian, But where's the mountains? And if your wife would be kind enough to share her recipe I won't comment on her buns.
rolleyes.gif

Looks great!  Do you save some of the drippings and pour it back in after the pull?

Jason

I take all the drippings and use a gravy separator to get the grease out.

As a newby smoker (waiting for Lowe's to have a sale before I buy a Master Craft), I was wondering if there is a consensus as to what flavor wood makes the best pulled pork.  Hickory, cherry, apple, mesquite, etc. ???  Any thoughts from you smoking veterans out there?

As a newby smoker (waiting for Lowe's to have a sale before I buy a Master Craft), I was wondering if there is a consensus as to what flavor wood makes the best pulled pork.  Hickory, cherry, apple, mesquite, etc. ???  Any thoughts from you smoking veterans out there?

each pallet is different. I like hickory and pecan

Brian,

That looks sooo good, my wife looking over my shoulder told me to make some, "just like those!" ...we haven't had PP in a long time, ...need some sunshine, wanna visit Tahiti?  You'll have to bring the Mrs too, ...to make the buns, heh heh.

Fantastic!!!

Gene

OK Brian,

I re-read this whole thread, and I have the same question as Dan.

Why is "In the mountains w/Qview" in your title? 

I figured you were making those butts up at your mountain retreat, but no mention or pics.

Thanks,

Curious Bear

OK Brian,

I figured you were making those butts up at your mountain retreat, but no mention or pics.

Thanks,

Curious Bear

Because I live in the mountains. But here a pic of the mountains from this last summer. I can take one now if you'd like. Its 50 and sunny. Snow covering the mountains.

http://photobucket.com

OK Brian,

Thanks,

Curious Bear

Because I live in the mountains. But here a pic of the mountains from this last summer. I can take one now if you'd like. Its 50 and sunny. Snow covering the mountains.

http://photobucket.com
Awww man---that's awesome!

If it's not too much, I'd like to see it with snow covering the mountains. I used to oil paint mountain & farm scenery. The ones with snow on the mountains were my favorite.

That would make a beautiful post card.

Thanks Brian,

Bear

Brian,

Looks awesome! I did a search on here to see if you've posted the recipie for the rolls before and couldn't find it. Would your wife mind giving out the recipie so all of us could enjoy our pork between her buns? :)

Thanks a bunch!

-Chris (newbie)

p.s. my wife makes fun of me for hanging out on this forum and my new obsession with smoking.... so this would be a good way to get her involved before we make our first butt on our NEW WSM!!!! (she can do the rolls, i'll do the meat, and we can both enjoy the fruits of our labor)!!

Brian,

Looks awesome! I did a search on here to see if you've posted the recipie for the rolls before and couldn't find it. Would your wife mind giving out the recipie so all of us could enjoy our pork between her buns? :)

Thanks a bunch!

-Chris (newbie)

p.s. my wife makes fun of me for hanging out on this forum and my new obsession with smoking.... so this would be a good way to get her involved before we make our first butt on our NEW WSM!!!! (she can do the rolls, i'll do the meat, and we can both enjoy the fruits of our labor)!!
There you go. My wife cuts this in half because our mixer can't handle a full batch. We have a 4qt Kitchen Aid Mixer.

***Dough***
2 packages active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees F)
2/3 cup sugar, PLUS1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup warmed milk
2/3 cup butter
2 teaspoons salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
7 cups flour, or more if needed

In a small bowl mix together warm water, yeast and sugar and set aside. In a large bowl, mix milk, remaining 2/3 Cup sugar, melted butter, salt and eggs; stir well and add yeast mixture. Add half the flour and beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour until dough is slightly stiff (dough will be sticky). Turn out onto a well-floured board; knead 5-10 minutes. Place in well-buttered glass or plastic bowl, cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1-1 1/2 hours. When doubled, punch down dough and let rest 5 min. Form rolls and place on baking sheet. Cover with a towel and let rest for 25 minutes then bake. 350˚ for 12 minutes. When you remove brush tops with butter and enjoy.

Brian, congrats on some great looking Q. Those pics have inspired me to do some smoking real soon. It's all good my friend. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky