• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pulled Pork for 40 people

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 14, 2016
I have been asked to cook enough pulled pork for 40 people this Sunday. My church is celebrating its 2nd anniversary this weekend. I have three picnic shoulders in my refrigerator defrosting as I write this. I start tonight with applying some dry rub to the shoulders and let them soak in the flavor. Early tomorrow, I will start up the smoker for a 10+ hour smoke. Pictures to come as I prepare and cook them up.

smokinq13

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 21, 2017
I smoked some PP for about 80 people last September, three shouldnt give you any problems. If you wanna spend up the process, you can wrap each shoulder when they reach 165 and finish them in the oven, depending on what smoker you got, this might help or just be more of a hassle

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Sounds like a fun day!
Al

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 14, 2016
My day started off at 4:45 am when I fired up my smoker and started to cook the pork picnic shoulders.

They hit an IT of 165 by 10:30. I wrapped them in foil and put them in the oven to finish cooking. I had to finish fast because my Aunt and Uncle from Oregon were in town and my wife and I had lunch with them.

After breakfast, my wife told me that since I am cooking on my smoker, she would like some meatloaf for dinner tonight. I prepared a meatloaf using Jeff’s meatloaf recipe. http://www.smoking-meat.com/october-6-2016-smoked-meatloaf-comfort-food

The only picture that I got was one of the cooked meatloaf. In my busyness of this morning, I neglected to take a before picture.

Pictures of the pulled pork will be coming when it is done.

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 14, 2016
Good luck with that cook brother. Sure that 3 is enough?
I'm sure three is enough. We are serving the pulled pork as sandwiches. There's a lot of older ladies and children who will be at lunch, I'm sure that they will only be eating one sandwich.

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 14, 2016
I finally found time to post a picture of the pulled pork that I cooked on Saturday. There was plenty of pulled pork to go around with leftovers for me to freeze and reheat at a later day.

Attachments

ab canuck

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 20, 2016
Looks good. I figure about about 1/2 pound per person. Glad it worked out.

smokinq13

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 21, 2017
I finally found time to post a picture of the pulled pork that I cooked on Saturday. There was plenty of pulled pork to go around with leftovers for me to freeze and reheat at a later day.

Looks great! And my favorite saying when smoking food... leftovers are always welcomed!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.