Pulled pork for 200?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
To reheat in hot water, you don't want boiling. The bag will blow open. I just use an electric roaster with the water about 180-190, throw it in frozen. I have never timed it but it doesn't take that long to come to temp.  

To reheat in hot water, you don't want boiling. The bag will blow open. I just use an electric roaster with the water about 180-190, throw it in frozen. I have never timed it but it doesn't take that long to come to temp.  
Thanks!

I don't know about a ziploc type bag, but the vacu seal bags hold up just fine in boiling water. I just thawed 2lbs of PP the other day. Dropped it in a pot of boiling water and about 10 min later it was ready. Much faster than waiting on an oven!

Good Luck!

The party was a success!  Thanks to everyone for their help. 

I ended up reheating the meat using the boil in a bag method.  After the meat was warm I placed as much of it as I could into a electric roaster oven.  The meat that would not fit in the roaster oven went into covered aluminum pans.  I put these pans in a cooler and used them to refill the roaster oven as needed.  Everything could not have worked better. 

This is a picture of the setup.  Roaster oven to keep bbq warm and crock pots filled with water to keep bbq sauce warm.

We had some leftover bbq: 

RhinoGuy~

Nice to hear that everything turned out for you.  Now if you had to do this all over again, what would you do different?

Looks-Great.gif

Well done! I like the sauce warmer with the crock pot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky