Pulled Pork eat today or better the next day?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave from mesa

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 8, 2009
Mesa, az
Going to be using 2 butts for wifes b-day party.

In order to have food for everyone on time am thinking of cooking the day before and reheating it. This way I don't have to be up a 3:00 am to start it but will if I have to.

So:

Is PP better the day it's cooked or the next or does it matter?

If next what is the best way to reheat it?

I've asked probably too many questions about this lately but this should be the last.

Have done one before but am using diff rub and finishing sauce.

thanks

Same day next day , all good. Reheat in oven(alum pan?) crock pot is good also. I think pulled pork improves by sitting , so make it easy on yourself.
Have a great party

I put a pan under my butts to catch the juices. I start with some apple juice in the pan and maybe some onions and garlic, I usually put the butt into the pan after it reaches 175 IT and cover. De fat the drippings and mix some back in when reheating. I use a crock pot, but a covered pan in the oven also works well. PP is at least as good the second day and maybe better. Being able to do it on a more convenient schedule is a big benefit IMHO.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky