Pulled Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy fellas and non fellas. Short post for me tonight. Heat index was 109° today supposed to be hotter tomorrow. So missed all pics except a couple.

Seasoned up a nice chuck roast last night with black ops. Threw it on my pellet smoker at 250 for 4 hours for some smoke then panned and covered for another 5 hours. Pulled at 210 and let it rest in a cooler for 1.5hr......then defat the juices. Pulled and added back in. Plated up with some mashed taters, gravy and rolls
IMG_20210810_193803.jpg
IMG_20210810_194125.jpg

Sorry for the lack of pics but probably my best pulled beef to date

A 109° heat index?? Superman can't fly under those conditions. :emoji_laughing:

We have some buffets that have 'hot beef sandwiches' with the same fixin's, your's tops those.

Reactions: TNJAKE
sounds good and looks good. I have yet to try a chuck roast. what size was the one you did? Might do one this weekend.

Jake, you're my hero! You have my 4 favorite food groups on that plate! Great job!

Ryan

Now that is one fine lookin' plate there Jake, Like! 109º heat index? It's 110º+ here every day for months, and that's on my patio thermometer in the shade, don't need a index to know it's just plain hot, LOL! Man, pulled chuck, mashed taters and gravy, with hot dinner rolls, pure heaven! RAY

Looks good, 109f with what humidity? Obviously, 109's HOT, but 109 in the south where it's damn near 100% humidity is very different than 109 in So Cal where I'm at where it hovers in the sometimes almost single-digit. I'd probably take 120 here with the super low % then 90f in the south but it's so moist outside you're wet as soon as you walk out the door.

Dry Heat and humid heat are night and day different to me.

Looks great, need to get me 1 of those new defat containers, drops the good stuff out the bottom, thinking I could use it for a pancake batter dispencer too lol

Looks great Jake. Just bought some chuckies from Costco yesterday. Definitely becoming one of my more favorite smokes.

That looks fantastic Jake. Nice work !
Yes, 109° is really starting to get in the uncomfortable range.
We have been upper 90's with about 80% humidity. Limited activity after noon.

Jake that came out fantastic . Don't need a bunch of pics when it looks that good .

Dry Heat and humid heat are night and day different to me.
No doubt about that .
95 degrees and 80 % humidity yesterday in St. Louis at 10 am .
Can't be outside long .

Not exactly the kind of meal I'd cook in that kind of heat but it looks delicious!!Without a doubt one of my favorite meals. Very well done my friend.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky