Pulled Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Now that is one fine lookin' plate there Jake, Like! 109º heat index? It's 110º+ here every day for months, and that's on my patio thermometer in the shade, don't need a index to know it's just plain hot, LOL! Man, pulled chuck, mashed taters and gravy, with hot dinner rolls, pure heaven! RAY
Appreciate it ray. A heat index is when the humidity is factored into the actual temp. Y'all desert folk wouldn't understand. It's like the jungles of Vietnam down here in the south right now lol. Current humidity is 91%

Looks good, 109f with what humidity? Obviously, 109's HOT, but 109 in the south where it's damn near 100% humidity is very different than 109 in So Cal where I'm at where it hovers in the sometimes almost single-digit. I'd probably take 120 here with the super low % then 90f in the south but it's so moist outside you're wet as soon as you walk out the door.

Dry Heat and humid heat are night and day different to me.
Thanks. Current humidity is 91%. Swamp ass season lol

That looks really great, Jake. I have a chuck in the freezer that I've been wanting to cook and now I know how. Mashed potatoes and gravy are a favorite here, too.
Thanks bud it wasn't what I had originally planned but then visions of gravy started dancing in my head lol

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Looks great, need to get me 1 of those new defat containers, drops the good stuff out the bottom, thinking I could use it for a pancake batter dispencer too lol
Thanks mike I also need one of those. I just put mine in a mason jar and throw it in the freezer for 30 minutes. All fat comes to surface. Just scoop it off then put jar in microwave to heat the juice back up

Looks delicious Jake. Great job. I've never done one, but after seeing your post, I gotta rethink my priorities, lol.

Reactions: TNJAKE
That looks fantastic Jake. Nice work !
Yes, 109° is really starting to get in the uncomfortable range.
We have been upper 90's with about 80% humidity. Limited activity after noon.
Thanks bud I'm ready for fall lol

Jake that came out fantastic . Don't need a bunch of pics when it looks that good .

No doubt about that .
95 degrees and 80 % humidity yesterday in St. Louis at 10 am .
Can't be outside long .
Thanks Rich. Stay cool lol

Not exactly the kind of meal I'd cook in that kind of heat but it looks delicious!!Without a doubt one of my favorite meals. Very well done my friend.

Robert
Thanks Robert and I agree. Meal started out with the plan of pulled beef sandwiches topped with bbq sauce and slaw with a side of onion rings..........then got a craving for gravy lol

, need to get me 1 of those new defat containers, drops the good stuff out the bottom, thinking I could use it for a pancake batter dispencer too lol

I also need one of those.
Just get both . Never know when you're gonna want to de-fat and make pancakes at the same time . All joking aside , they both work great .
20210811_073805.jpg

We got a Pancake batter dispenser the same week we started our diets in June, so we haven't been able to use it yet, lol.

• Haha
Now thats a pile I could stuff my face into! Totally looks good to me right now with the taters and gravy!
Mrs. BEV has one in the crockpot today. Hope it turns out everything yours looks to be!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky