pulled and finishing sauces

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
I can't seem to find it now, but I have a print out of Johnny's Pulled Pork recipe. I have used his recipe twice and the pork was awesome :!:

He has two sauces and I think each lends it's own character to the meat, his first one is a pulled sauce:
1 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
1/2 c hot water
2 tblspns brown sugar
1 tbl paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne

Then he has a finishing sauce that you only need to use a little of actually on the table:

1/2 c apple cider vinegar
1/2 c ketchup
2 tbls prepared mustard
2 tbls brown sugar
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne
Combine all ingredients in a pan and simmer...this will get a little sweeter as it cooks...

These two sauces are excellent, if I could find the whole recipe I put the link to it...It's a multi day process with the brine and rub and smoke. For the newbie, it has excellent step by step directions...

I have a pdf file with this recipe/process in it, email me if you need a copy.

[email protected]

I think I got it from this forum so you may want to do a search.

Jamie Bodie

Did you look in the Recipe Section?

I had a hard drive crash, does anyone have a pdf copy of this recipe?

Jamie

oops... jamie I just sent an email before reading the entire post.
If anyone has the pdf I would enjoy a copy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky