Proven design for a smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

easttxwhatknot

Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
Howdy,

Don't know much about smokehouses, but interested in putting one together that could possibly be a prototype for the occasional

spare time money maker type project. I have had some people ask me for oak lumber for one since I have a sawmill.....is this a popular building material for a smokehouse? I am familiar with the metal ones and have sheet metal fab experience, but around here that niche is pretty well occupied. I do like the the idea of a more rustic and less industrial look for a smoker, but would like some experienced guidance on what works well. Thanks in advance.

Hey there Whatknot,

Welcome to SMF.

You might try a search for "smoke house" in the search bar, there are a some pretty cool ones that people have built, that might give you an idea of how big of a smoke house you would want to build.

You owning a saw mill would be great for supplying the materials, you're already half way there.

Keep us posted as to what you decide,

Gene

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky