Prosciutto Di Parma-How it is made (English)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That is a pretty cool video! Don't think I could afford the equipment though. Haha
You don't need anything that high tech to make a proscuitto. They have been making it for thousands of years without it.

I have the equipment though and have been considering attempting a bone in proscuitto. I have come a long way in my journey into dry cured charcuterie so I think I am ready to tackle it. And I have plenty of room in my large 42.5cu.ft. chamber for a whole bone in proscuitto. Could then remove the gallon water jugs I have in there for thermal mass and just replace them with a whole leg....

You have a lot more experience than I due for sure.
I've made pepperoni 3 times, Genoa Salami twice, and Summer Sausage once.
That is the extent of it.
I use a wine cooler for curing and a SteakAger for drying with InkBird Controllers.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky