Propane Smoker Suggestions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you can find the newer small gosm anywhere, they have a drawer for both the water and for the chips. Thats what I got and I love it. Lowes carries them around here, I got my new one at bass pro, picked up the last one at the time.

The GOSM is not a really heavy smoker, but I like it that way because I take it with me to bbq's and to my dads. Have been really really happy with it.

Thanks. I was looking at a Brinkmann, but someone mentioned that they leaked quite a bit around the doors. Have you found this to be true?

Sounds good. They are definitely on my short list. Do you notice any taste from the propane?

nope. Years ago I would never had thought of using propans, now I love it. I know it is not the purist way but I got good out comes

you wont taste the propane, but you wont get as much smoke taste as you would from a charcoal or stick burner either. Thats the main reason I got rid of mine, and switched back to charcoal.

Maybe after I have more experience with smoking I will buy a good charcoal/wood smoker. Too much of a NooB without much confidence and don't want to spend a lot of time tending. I guess that makes me a bit lazy.
icon_redface.gif

its all good, I started with an electric ECB, then used an cheapo offset for a few years, then went to gas for a few months before going with the WSM, for me the WSM is just as easy to operate as the gas was.

I can easily go 9+ hours @ 230 degrees without touching a vent, adding wood or charcoal, or opening it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky