Propane grill recommendations.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Have you looked at CLA Grills for replacement parts?

I have a 27YO Falcon MK V gasser that they still supply parts for. It's far cheaper than buying a new grill. I have no interest in the company. I'm only a satisfied customer from original purchase to replacement parts.

BTW, Broil King is one of the few brands of gassers I'd look at buying these days.
I really appreciate the link. I did look at this site as well as others. unfortunately it looks like Broil King no longer makes a lot of the replacement parts for my particular model and I really need to replace a lot of parts. I'm still using the Baron 420 a lot which says a lot about it's quality and durability still but it's on borrowed time. It's been the best gas grill I've every purchased.

I ended up with a Char-Griller Duo with SFB, because I too like to cook with gas sometimes, charcoal sometimes, and sometimes, i'm up for feeding fire into the SFB and slow smoking tasty things. One thing I looked for was an ample supply of replacement parts. Gas grills will always rust out the burner plates and burners. if you have enough burners, you may also consider converting to ceramic brickquettes on a tray to cut down on nasty stuff starting to corrode the belly of the grill. Clean it well and clean it often to avoid the rust. I also finish off cleaning with a little spray oil on the burner caps.

I didn't use any of the three that you mentioned. I am using Weber 51060001 Q1200 propane grill. It quite good, made of cast aluminum, so it will not rust You can choose between three types of grill grates – stainless steel, porcelain-coated steel, and porcelain-coated cast iron.
I bought it after I read this website https://www.rvadvice.com/best-rv-grills

I'm replacing an approximately eight-year-old Broilking Baron 420. Everything has to be changed, so it's an excellent time to obtain a new grill in my opinion, and I'd definitely buy this one again. We've had a lot of success with it. I definitely got my money's worth out of it. I'm not sure why Lowe's no longer sells them in stores. I'm keeping my eyes peeled as well.....
Okay. I'm a self-described "outside the box" thinker. In my life, I've only owned one gas barbecue. It's no longer a grill, but it still holds my propane tank and protects my Camp Chef Pro 30 single burner stove dry.

A two-burner Camp Chef Pro 60x, a grill box, and a griddle may be had for around $300-350. You'd have a lot of fun.

I've been looking for the kind of grill that I can use at home and on the go, and that's the RV grill from Weber. It is well built, easy to assemble, and works great from first use. I turned it on and it heated up to 500 degrees within 15 minutes. I also found a great thermometer to poke at from the side, and it's great too.

Last edited:
I have a Charbroil propane grill and I like it. Their customer service was good when the firebox rusted out on my dad's old grill. We got a new firebox and replaced it. No problems.

I really enjoy my Nexgrill 5 burner from Home Depot......course I never even installed the 5th (side burner) lol, but it heats up very well and retains the heat too. I keep the grates cleaned and coated and a $50 cover on the grill. It looks pristine after a few years of use and several Arizona Monsoons/Dust Storms later lol

Like many above have said go with the Weber. I have 2 Weber Gas Grills, one that is 6 years old and one that is 15 years old, both are in great shape (I did replace the burners in the older one) Besides a Weber lasting a long time, parts are easy to find and you can basically re-build the grill years from now.

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky