Pronghorn Lo Mein

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Found the last roast from my pronghorn in the freezer that needed to be used up. With all the asian dishes lately, I was craving Lo Mein. So that's what was on the menu tonight at the firehouse with the guys. Recipe I used:
https://thewoksoflife.com/beef-lo-mein/

I had planned on cooking this 2 nights ago, but had a change of plans. So the meat sat on the marinade for 48 hours and man was it tender!
Everything in the Wok about the serve...
IMG_20230205_173147.jpg

The plate...
IMG_20230205_173431.jpg

Real good. I forgot to add the white pepper to the sauce and had to add it at the table, but was a real good meal. Great way to use up left over pasta too! This one went in the repeat file.

I searched at 4 different gorcery stores and coud not find any dark soy sauce. 2 stores carry it but were out....that is why the noodles are so light in color. I used tamari and a little more sugar....was close to the real deal. Will have some though next time we do this.

That looks SOOOO good. I think I see bean sprouts in there. Have not had those in years. Yummy looking food there.

I just started searching for lo mein recipes and the ones I saw mentioned oyster sauce. Gotta go search for that.

Found the last roast from my pronghorn in the freezer that needed to be used up. With all the asian dishes lately, I was craving Lo Mein. So that's what was on the menu tonight at the firehouse with the guys. Recipe I used:
https://thewoksoflife.com/beef-lo-mein/

I had planned on cooking this 2 nights ago, but had a change of plans. So the meat sat on the marinade for 48 hours and man was it tender!
Everything in the Wok about the serve...
View attachment 657085

The plate...
View attachment 657087
Real good. I forgot to add the white pepper to the sauce and had to add it at the table, but was a real good meal. Great way to use up left over pasta too! This one went in the repeat file.

I searched at 4 different gorcery stores and coud not find any dark soy sauce. 2 stores carry it but were out....that is why the noodles are so light in color. I used tamari and a little more sugar....was close to the real deal. Will have some though next time we do this.
Looks fantastic!

That looks awesome another meat I've never gotten to try

That looks SOOOO good. I think I see bean sprouts in there. Have not had those in years. Yummy looking food there.

I just started searching for lo mein recipes and the ones I saw mentioned oyster sauce. Gotta go search for that.
Thanks HowlingDog! Yes, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots and snow peas.
Looks great Keith, I’d have been all over a bowl of that! Nice cook!
Thank RHB! turned out pretty good, and the meat was very tender.

Looks fantastic!
Thanks tallbm!

That looks awesome another meat I've never gotten to try
Indeed it was! Thanks piney!

That’s another first for me. Pronghorn lo mein. Creative and impressive.
You'll notice that I rarely post any beef cooks. Have so much wild game we are always searching for new awesome ways to eat it.

YUM! I love Lo Mein, and I've never had Pronghorn.
Thanks chile! Was good! Pronghorn we got were feeding on winter wheat and were not running. Dropped them in their tracks so the meat was very good. Also got them quartered and on ice within an hour so that goes a long way for quality meat.

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks great inda, did you find the recipe in the debris from the fallout of the balloon?

Point for sure
Chris

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
That's as fine a looking plate of Asian food as I've ever seen Keith. now you got me thinking....but that can be a very dangerous thing :emoji_wink: Very nice job my friend and yet another fantastic gesture for the guys at the firehouse.

Robert

Great looking lo mein, Keith!! Asian flavors are right at the top of our list of favorites. Never tasted pronghorn, before...

Looks great inda, did you find the recipe in the debris from the fallout of the balloon?

Point for sure
Chris
LOL! Thanks Chris!

I'd be real happy taking my chopsticks to that plate Keith, nice work! RAY
Thanks Ray! It was good!

That's as fine a looking plate of Asian food as I've ever seen Keith. now you got me thinking....but that can be a very dangerous thing :emoji_wink: Very nice job my friend and yet another fantastic gesture for the guys at the firehouse.

Robert
Thanks Robert! My small wok wasn't large enough for a double batch so guess what I did? I used an extra large 4 gallon Stainless steel bowl and a pair of vise grip pliers!! LOL!! But it worked!

Great looking lo mein, Keith!! Asian flavors are right at the top of our list of favorites. Never tasted pronghorn, before...
The pronghorn was super tender. That velveting technique really works!

Oh yeah! Great looking stir fry.
Thanks Brian!

Looks great to me! I'd not pass a bowl up.

Jim
Thanks Jim!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky