Problem with AMNPS and new MES 30 (the chip tray screw)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chapterthree

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Salinas, CA
Hey All,

I got my MES 30 a few months ago and have been smoking using the chip tray.  Decided to get an AMNPS, and read the thread about reversing the screw direction on the chip tray holder to get the AMNPS to fit properly.  I've done that, but now the screw sticks out so far on the other side I can't get the chip tray back in (which from my reading I do need to stick it back in, just not all the way to allow proper airflow to the AMNPS).

See pictures below.  Anybody have this issue?  This MES 30 is fairly new (Christmas 2013), wonder if the chip tray design changed?

Thanks!

Hey All,

I got my MES 30 a few months ago and have been smoking using the chip tray.  Decided to get an AMNPS, and read the thread about reversing the screw direction on the chip tray holder to get the AMNPS to fit properly.  I've done that, but now the screw sticks out so far on the other side I can't get the chip tray back in (which from my reading I do need to stick it back in, just not all the way to allow proper airflow to the AMNPS).

See pictures below.  Anybody have this issue?  This MES 30 is fairly new (Christmas 2013), wonder if the chip tray design changed?

Thanks!

I quit fooling around with modifications to my MES 30 and just went with the Mailbox Mod...What a world of difference and less hassle!

Try it...Search Mailbox Mod.

Good luck,  John

I'll have to check out the Mailbox Mod one of these days.
biggrin.gif

As a quick follow up for anybody else who happens to stumble upon this issue/thread, I was able to solve the problem by going to the hardware store and getting a shorter screw.  Note the screw/nut is metric, not standard.  I believe the size I ended up getting was M4x6mm panhead, but don't quote me on that.

Now it's finally time to try the AMNPS this Monday.  Can't wait.

Your gonna love it. I don't have the mailbox mod. Works great right where you have it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky