Probe Port

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brisketandbutts

Original poster
Jun 19, 2018
hello everyone,

I’m getting a custom 54 inch reverse flow smoker being built for me. It is a reverse flow smoker with two slide out shelfs. I was wondering how many probe ports do you think I should have in it. I was planning on 4, one on each side of the smoker for each shelf. Is that too much, would having too many affect anything? Should I just do one on each side? Curious to hear people’s thoughts on the probe ports.

Thanks!

I think 4 probe ports would be perfect.
Just make sure they are a big enough diameter, cause some of the new therms have rather large connectors between the probe & the wire. Also have them threaded so you can put a plug in the ones your not using.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky